Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I felt it was time for some change...

So, I redid the blog layout. Sort of...

It's essentially the same with some different colors and a different header. I think I like it, but I'm not sure.

I'm shooting my first wedding this weekend. A bit nervous about that. It should be fine. Most of the techniques are very similar to the work that I do for Spark. External flash with my homemade Gary Fong should be all I need for most of it. Ideally, I'd like a longer, faster lens for shooting in the church. Right now, I'm just working with a 18-55mm f/3.5 (the standard lens we all got with our first camera) and a 50mm f/1.8. However, being the second photographer, I can just shoot the wide stuff while Kalen (check out his stuff) shoots the rest.

I know it'll come out all right, but the idea of the bride freaking out on me because I didn't get the one shot she wanted from her "special day" scares the hell out of me.

In other news, I'm a bit pissed that I didn't have my camera with me the other night. Cloak/Dagger played at 46 Madison with a couple other bands, including Birth Control from Philly. Dear lord, if anything has gotten me motivated to take band photos again, it's Birth Control's set this past Sunday. If you get the chance to see these guys, go. Even if punk/hardcore's not your thing, go. It's been a long time since I've seen a singer in a band that animated. Seriously. Go. I tried to find some videos for you guys of their sets, but no luck, so you'll just have to see for yourself.

Finally, I've been spinning the new Deerhunter album, Microcastle at least once a day for the past week and really enjoying it. It's been awhile since I've heard anything new that I really enjoyed. It didn't blow me away, but it's still a really enjoyable album for the colder months. Check it out.

Ok. I'm gonna go get another cup of coffee, drown it in cinammon, and go to my last class for a couple weeks.

Enjoy the warmer, but still miserable, weather while you can,
Max.

1 comment:

a philter said...

Please keep this updated. Remember -- pick up where I left off!!!!

The new layout works. Seriously, I love it.

Now bring on some pictures!